What I use
From casual web browsing to creating content for YouTube, here's a comprehensive list of hardware and software that I use on a daily basis to create and consume content.
I enjoy trying out new things so this list will be updated accordingly.
every day carry
These are the things that I have with me if I am going outside. Obviously not going out that often these days due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Breadband Wallet
- Jabra Elite 75t
- Mission Workshop The Rummy Messenger Bag
- The most expensive messenger bag I have bought but it's totally worth it.
- Extremely durable and it's weather proof.
- Powecom KN95 Respirator Face Mask
- Roav Sunglasses
- Freddy frame/shape in Black/Sunrise colorway.
- These are durable, lightweight and folds into my pocket.
- Samsung Galaxy S10+
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4
- Tile Pro
- Zojirushi 600ml Stainless Steel Mug
- The best water bottle I've used. Keeps cold water cold and hot water hot.
Since I spend a lot of time creating content, I have invested in quite a bit of gear to help streamline my workflow.
- MacBook Pro 16-inch (Late 2019)
- 2.4GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
- 32GB 2667MHz DDR4
- AMD Radeon Pro 5500M with 8GB GDDR6 memory
- 2TB SSD
- dbrand Black Camo Skin
- iPad Pro 11-inch (2nd generation)
- Apple Pencil 2
- Zugu Case The Alpha Case
- I use this primarily for note taking and visualizing programming problems.
- Uplift V2 Standing Desk
- 72"x30" Whiteboard Laminate
- V2 C-Frame - Black
- Advanced Comfort Keypad - Black
- Dell U2720Q 27-inch Monitor
- Upgraded from my trusty Dell U2415.
- I got this so that I can natively master/edit my YouTube videos on this 10-bit 4K panel.
- BenQ ScreenBar Plus
- Amazon Basics Single Monitor Stand
- Paired with an Amazon Basics Notebook Laptop Stand Arm Mount Tray.
- I use this to prop up my laptop.
- PreSonus Eris E3.5 studio monitors
- I have these sitting on top of sound isolation pads from Sound Addicted.
- Logitech MX Anywhere 3
- Happy Hacking Keyboard (HHKB) Professional HYBRID Type-S
- DaVinci Resolve Speed Editor
- Samsung Wireless Charger Pad 9W
- Charges both my smartwatch and smartphone.
- Tripp Lite 10 Outlet Surge Protector
- Anker 40W 5-port USB Wall Charger
- BackJoy SitSmart Posture Plus Seat
- Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 (A-Camera)
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 for Canon EF
- Viltrox EF-M2 II
- SmallRig Lens Adapter Support
- 128GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SD Card
- SmallRig Cage (2125)
- Portkeys P6
- Ace Camera Mounting Plate
- Panasonic Lumix DC-G7 (B-Camera)
- Olympus 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO
- 128GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SD Card
- Manfrotto 200PL Quick Release Plate
- Sound Devices MixPre-3 II
- 64GB SanDisk Extreme SD Card
- Rode NTG5
- Sony MDR-7506
- Ikea Ladda AA 2450mAh
- Sachtler Ace M System Black Edition with Tripod & Mid-Level Spreader
- Manfrotto Element Traveller Tripod
- Manfrotto XPRO Fluid Head
- Tri-Wheel Leveling Base with Bubble Level
- Desview T2 Teleprompter
- Godox VL150 LED Video Light
- Glow EZ Lock Deep Parabolic Quick Softbox (28")
- I use this as my main key light.
- Aputure MC RGBWW LED Light
- Aputure Accent B7c LED RGBWW Light
- GVM 480LS Bi-color LED Light
- Elvid 9-Section Acrylic Production Slate with Color Clapper Sticks
- X-Rite ColorChecker Passport Video
- Sure-Max Pro Economy Moving Blanket
- I use this for sound treating a room.
- 2TB Samsung T5 SSD
- This drive mirrors the files on my MacBook Pro's SSD.
- 500GB Samsung T5 SSD
- 5TB Western Digital My Passport Ultra
- Canon AE-1 Program
- Canon 50mm f/1.4 FD
- Helios 44-2 58mm f/2.0
- Panasonic 7-14mm f/4.0
- Bubblebee Industries Lav Concealer
- Deity W.Lav Pro
- Rode VideoMic NTG
- Rode VideoMicro
- Tascam DR-10L
- Zoom H1
- Amazon Basics AAA Rechargeable Battery
- Bongo Ties
- Eneloop AA Rechargeable Battery
- Giottos Rocket Air Blaster
- Kimtech Kimwipes Delicate Task Wipers
- Neewer 43-inch Light Reflector 5-in-1
- Pancro Professional Lens Cleaner
- Peak Design Camera Cube
- Peak Design Slide Lite
- Pelican SD Memory Card Case
- Robo-Grip Pliers
- Rycote Undercover with Stickies
- Spring 1/4" Glow-in-The-Dark
You can't really have hardware without software. Here's a list of programs that I have installed on my devices.
- Affinity Photo
- Davinci Resolve Studio
- Google Chrome
- iZotope RX 8
- Logi Options
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Office
- Microsoft To Do
- Visual Studio Code
- 1Password 7
- Alfred 4
- Hidden Bar
- iStat Menus
- Pixelmator Pro
- Windows Terminal
- 1Password X Beta
- GoFullPage - Full Page Screen Capture
- HTTPS Everywhere
- META SEO inspector
- React Developer Tools
- Save to Pocket
- The Camelizer
- uBlock Origin
- vidIQ Vision for YouTube
- WAVE Evaluation Tool
visual studio code extensions
- Better Comments
- Code Spell Checker
- LaTeX Workshop
- Live Server
- Material Icon Theme
- Todo Tree